As I am sure you will be able to tell by my day counter, it has been a bit! But rest assured I have been practicing. Over reading break I was able to spend ample time with my ukulele and I am proud to say it shows.

Day 53.

Over reading break I worked on the third verse and the bridge of the song. The third verse varies from the first two in its chord progression. The change in chord progression gave me trouble for the first few days I worked on it, but brute force wins again as I can now play my through the third and final verse smoothly. The bridge was relatively easy to learn as it is mostly composed of the chords F and G, although C does make a guest appearance right at the end.

Day 58.

Today I tried to put it all together and realized my oversight. My transition out of the verse into the chorus is not nearly as smooth as it should be. I have trouble with the timing and this trouble is also causing my singing to sound off. I always think I have to strum longer  than I do and making the switch to the correct timing is proving difficult. I have hit a wall

Day 60.

Today I had the chance to talk with a peer about my troubles with he timing around the chorus and with their help I was able to troubleshoot and work through my issues! Although the transition is still not perfect, I can see my progress.